As leaders in our community, it is incumbent upon us to add value to all that participate and engage here.
All too often, I see members of this community unknowingly hurting their own advertising efforts because they don’t know what they don’t know.
Here’s a little tip that can make your life a little easier and improve results.
You’ve probably noticed by now the occasional parenthesis that shows up in your gmail inbox when repetitive subjects lines are used. It resembles something that looks like this….
Look at my subject line (4)
That happens when community members are using standard email ad copy and repetitive subject lines provided by the sites they are promoting.
Is it a problem? Well, it’s annoying for community members for sure because gmail stacks these subject lines and the credit link can get buried as a result. Most likely, they are just skipping
clicking your ad for the next easier option.
Most people don’t know you can turn off conversion view and your ad could be passed over simply because you didn’t modify your subject line.
So, here’s a couple of suggestions…..
1) Always change up your subject line so your ad isn’t impacted by conversion views. While I’m sending this message to our community, the vast majority of participating members will not see it and their inbox will maintain conversion view and hurt your results.
2) Turn off conversion view in your gmail account by taking the steps below.
If you want replies to appear as individual messages in your inbox:
– Open Gmail.
– Click the gear in the top right Settings.
– Select Settings.
– Scroll down to the Conversation View section (stay in the “General” tab).
– Choose Conversation view on or Conversation view off.
– Click Save changes at the bottom of the page.
I hope this message helps those in our community improve results
and makes your life a little easier when clicking through ads.
Your participation here is very much appreciated.
As always, the site links located beneath my name and title are rotated affiliate links for Viralists (SOTAM) and Club BoB (BucketsofBanners) members.